Speak Up, Speak Out, Be Heard
Creating a world where women know their truth and use their voice to speak up, speak out and are heard.
Have you ever…
- Wanted to express what you were feeling but something held you back?
- Felt an urge or intuition but couldn’t quite “hear” it or understand it?
- Known the truth about a situation but couldn’t or wouldn’t share it?
- We have all had these experiences but now we believe it is time to nurture our power; to listen to our intuition; to speak with confidence, strength and intention.
In the future, we will be hosting a 1½ day retreat for a powerful group of women and we hope you’ll be a part of this experience. You’ll have an opportunity to share with others but each experience will be uniquely personal. We’ll spend Friday evening and all day Saturday in a safe, nurturing and participative process learning to Find our Voice and Speak our Truth.
√ Learn about your communication style strengths and challenges;
√ Identify what is holding you back;
√ Learn how to listen to your intuition;
√ Discover the real power of your truth;
√ Learn ways to express yourself with confidence.
Public Safety Women Executives
- If I’m assertive, I’m called a “bitch.” If I am empathetic, I’m called a “girl.” I can’t win for trying.
- My use of empathy and emotional intelligence is resented and often ridiculed.
- Even though I have more experience than many of my male colleagues, my perspectives and suggestions are not taken seriously.
- I have to deal with sexist bragging, and men who take credit for my work and I don’t know how to respond when this happens.
As a female law enforcement leader, I feel I have to be twice as good to be thought of as only half as good as my male peers.
- I often don’t feel heard or valued.